Millburn HS Seniors giving back to the community. Will you join in?
28 high school seniors at Millburn High School are currently raising funds and collecting supplies to support eight, unique and critical non-profits in the region. The six student teams selected these agencies through a process introduced to them in their Math Analysis course, by the non-profit, Main Street Philanthropy (MSP). MSP helps students identify social causes they are passionate about, conduct qualitative and quantitative research on a number of charities, and determine which charities to “invest” in, from a fundraising/friend-raising perspective.
This year, the fundraisers include two Go Fund Me campaigns, money collection bins, a school supply drive, a team walk, a dog/cat supply drive, and a good, old-fashioned lemonade stand. Some of the details are still being worked out by the students. Where anything IS currently taking place, details are listed, below. PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A DONATION OF MONEY OR SUPPLIES, OR YOU CAN MEET THE CHALLENGE OF MATCHING ANY DONATIONS THAT THE TEAMS RECEIVE THROUGH THEIR OWN EFFORTS. Thank you for your support!
Questions, or to make a donation in a manner not described, below? Please email the Math Analysis teacher: email@example.com
The charities included in this year’s Math Analysis project include:
* Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter (dog rescue/adoption)
* Wilma’s Orphans (dog rescue/adoption)
Collection cans located @ Millburn Pet Shop and La Strada
* The Valerie Fund (infant/childhood cancer & blood disorders)
* NJ Seeds (equal education opportunities)
* Greater Life (equal education opportunities)
School Supply donation boxes located @ Millburn HS Lobby & Millburn Library
(students hoping to collect enough supplies — backpacks, string bags, paper, pens, pencils, rulers, etc. to fill 50 backpacks).
* Family Promise (helping families around issues of homelessness)
Lemonade Stand (details TBD, but coming SOON!)
* National Alliance on Mental Health NJ (mental health support and advocacy)
* Mental Health Association in NJ (mental health support and advocacy)
Go Fund Me: http://tinyurl.com/y44ogd2z